Name: m00n, although you can also call me Moony. ;)
Age: 14 [the youngest on this page!]
SPOILER WARNING! Deathly Hallows && The Firebending Masters
[DH: avoid last paragraph in question 17. FM: avoid last paragraph in question 6.]
1. What is/was your favorite subject in school and why?
I’d have to say that my favorite subject is Creative Writing. I love to write and I’m very imaginative, so naturally, I love the class. There’s not much else to say about it. The teacher gives us something to write about, such as, ‘Action’, or ‘Five Senses’, and we have to come up with a story by the end of the week. It’s really fun, and it’s more of a fun course than a real class. [it also helps that that’s the only class I have with my two best friends and the guy I like ;) ]
2. What would be your favorite subject at Hogwarts and why?
Hmm…my favorite subject at Hogwarts…Defense Against the Dark Arts, probably. From all we’ve seen in Harry’s DADA classes, they’re super interesting. Especially when Moo-Remu-Professor Lupin was the teacher. Just learning to defend yourself against all kinds of magical creatures like boggarts and stuff, it was awesome. And then they learned the unforgivable curses and how to resist them. I’d definitely want to prove myself there.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would probably change my hair ‘style’. If anyone [and as this is a Harry Potter community I hope most of you have] seen Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s/Sorcerer’s Stone movie, you know what Hermione’s hair looks like, right? Mine’s exactly like that. Except for one thing; the color. I’m actually pretty fond of my hair color. It’s a golden mixture with brown and yeah, it’s pretty. So I’d change the frizziness and the curls.
4. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
About the world…I know this is going to sound really cheesy but, I’d stop wars. Seriously, I can’t bring myself to watch war movies without ending up crying. I’m really sensible to all those subjects and I’ll relate the experiences of what people are going through with myself, and imagine what it would be like for them, and wind up crying again. Think of all those innocent people that live in
5. Which Harry Potter character can you relate to the most and why?
Well, for me, there are two types of relate. Relate as in, I can imagine what they’re feeling, and relate as in, I know what they’re feeling. For the know one, I’ll have to say Ginny Weasley. I have previously been stamped as her in another community, and I completely agree. I can relate to many of her experiences. I, like her, am an only girl in a family of boys. Although I’m the oldest and I only have two brothers, instead of six. I, like her, have had a secret crush on a guy for two years. So there.
For the other type of relate. The one where I try to understand, I could say either Draco Malfoy or Remus Lupin. I’ll go with the latter, as I prefer him. [Let my friend hear that and she’ll personally hunt me down and kill me in my sleep] Remus is an extremely strong character in the Harry Potter series. He is the one who physically and mentally has been able to control a monster within himself. He’s been shunned from the community, and has had many prejudices against him throughout his life. Also, he’s always had to live with the fear of hurting someone he loves, or the guilt of having already done so. Add all that to the pain he has to go through every full moon and that’s enough to go and want to kiss him. Someone with a weak character would’ve probably already committed suicide, or joined the dark side. But Remus is brave and strong and extremely smart. Although he has to live through many terrors in his life, he is still one of the nicest and best teachers Hogwarts ever had, he was one of the most loyal best friends, and one of the bravest Order of the
6. Which non-Harry Potter character can you relate to the most and why?
Sokka & Zuko, from Avatar. Sokka, because I understand why he acts the way he does. He is the only ‘man’ in the Southern Water Tribe that’s not in the war. He felt left out and not strong enough to be out there with his dad. So he takes his job of taking after his sister seriously. Also, sometimes he can get resentful about Aang’s, Katara’s, and Toph’s powers, because he has none, according to him. He used to be ‘Sokka the Boomerang Guy’. He wasn’t a bender, and sometimes people were looked down upon because of that. But then he learned swordfight, and he felt great again.
Zuko, on the other hand, has a so much complicated past and family. It would take pages and pages to explain everything that goes on in his mind. Summarized, his dad was a psychopath, his mom is probably dead, and his sister is another psychopath. The only sane person in his family that he was ever close to, is his Uncle. But he betrayed him, and the old man went to prison because of that. Then he was extremely confused because one side of him wanted to stay as a wealthy prince that got anything he wanted and had his father’s pride, his sister’s friendship and a rich girlfriend. And on the other side, he wanted to be himself, free, and do what was right. He ends up joining the Avatar, which also creates a conflict inside of him because he is not used to using his firebending to help, instead of hurting.
7. Pick one quality from each of the four houses that you possess and explain why.
Daring & Nerve- There’s something about me that I’ve figured out. I usually am trying to ‘prove myself’. To let others know that I’m up for a challenge and that I can do it. A few weeks ago, for example, I jumped off a 5 meter dock into the sea because my cousin and my brother did it and I wanted to prove I could do it, too.
Wit – I’m very smart, actually. Grades prove nothing. I can solve mysteries and puzzles and have always been excellent at math. I can figure all sorts of things out easily, and I like it. I’ve just always been good with my mind like that.
Just – Seriously, I’m all for being fair. I’ll try to even out the cups of soda between me and my brothers, I’ll try to see which way would be fairest when choosing teams, not by who’s my friend or not. Yeah, I’d say I’m a really just person. Plus I had to choose from just, loyal, and true for Hufflepuff and that’s the only one I actually appealed to.
Cunning – Oh yeah I’m also extremely mischievous and sly. I love to plan out stuff and secretly carry it out. Whether it be pranking my brothers or figuring out a way to make an excuse for not doing my History homework, I’m excellent at it.
8. Which house do you think you belong in and why?
Personally, I think Gryffindor. I’m not saying that because Harry and basically a lot of people we love were in that house [*cough* marauders *cough*], but because I really feel like that’s the house I’d belong to. I’m very ‘daring’ in a way. Like Harry, sometimes, I act without thinking and I’m never afraid or have double thoughts when I’m about to do something dangerous. [I broke a few bones the last time I did that] And I value my friends the most and I can stand up to my ‘enemies’.
9. Which house do you feel you'll never belong in and why?
Hm. Probably Hufflepuff. I don’t think I’m all that loyal. I usually ditch my friends when I have to choose between them and the guy I like [not that usually, but I’ve done it a few times]. I have to admit I talk behind a lot of people’s backs, although usually not on purpose. And I’m not sweet and nice all the time. I mean, I’m not evil either, just…normal, I guess. I’m usually nice around my friends, but not so much my family. I dunno why, I try to be extra evil to me mum. Might be something to do with being a teenager?
10. Which Harry Potter book do you like the best and why?
Ooh! I’d have to say Prisoner of Azkaban. That book was so intriguing! I loved all the mysteries that came with it, Sirius Black “the mass murderer”, Crookshanks, the dementors, boggarts, mystery broomsticks as Christmas presents; it was all amazing! I remember when I first read it for the first time. I actually figured out that Remus, Sirius and James were friends before. There was something about the way Remus spoke about them. Even Harry suspected something. And I knew that there was really nothing to the ‘Grim’ that Trelawney kept seeing for Harry.
11. Which Harry Potter movie do you like the best and why?
Um. I’ll have to say the first one. It’s the closest to what the book was actually like. From the 3rd one on, they changed almost everything! It’s really annoying. The Sorcerer’s Stone was really ‘cute’, in a way. Almost every actor or actress was exactly like the book had described his/her character, most of the dialogue was the same, too. It was great.
12. What would you see if you looked into the Mirror of Erised?
Oh, I dunno. I guess I would probably see myself with a handsome husband, and I would be tall and pretty and I would have three children. I guess. That’s pretty much what I aspire to be. A good mother. And I want to have three children. Not one because he/she would get really lonely. And not two because if it’s two guys, they won’t be as sensitive, so they’d need a sister. If they were two girls, they’d be all girly girly and kinda dumb, I guess. [No offense to anyone here, just my opinion] They’d need a brother. And if they were a girl and a guy, they wouldn’t have someone of the same sex to play with. Sometimes a girl needs a sister. [I talk from experience]. So three children would be awesome. Of two different sexes. And obviously, a husband that I love.
13. If you came across a boggart, what would it transform into?
A huge, nasty, evil, maggot. Or a snail, or any worm. And perhaps it would be climbing onto a Boggart-me, millions of them slithering onto my body with their slime dripping off me. [God I’m getting sick even thinking about it] I hate insects, especially those that crawl, slide or have slime. Seriously, I have entomophobia. It’s disgusting.
14. Which Harry Potter character is your least favorite and why?
My least favorite Harry Potter character…hmmm…well, I know many people might’ve said this but: Voldemort. Look at all the stuff he’s done! The things he’s caused! Families have been destroyed and some people aren’t the same anymore because of him! And you’ve read the books [hopefully], all those people that died in the war, why? Because Voldemort wanted the freaking school to be freaking rid of the muggleborns. I mean, come on. That guy has problems.
15. If you were in the Harry Potter universe, what would be your stance on Muggle-born wizards practicing magic?
I would completely support it. Muggles vs. Wizards in the Wizarding World is the same as say African-Americans vs. White Americans. It’s racism. I believe that everyone should have a chance of practicing magic, as everyone is equally human. Plus, as JKR said, muggleborns had a Wizarding member in their family a couple generations ago, so they are, in fact, of Wizarding Blood.
16. What kind of qualities do you look for in a friend?
Honesty, consideration, the ability to have fun, the ability to listen, a sense of humor. The first three are answered in question 20, basically. The ability to listen, because I need a friend who will listen to my problems and not laugh, who will listen to my rants about someone, and not get annoyed. Those are the best friends. And a friend who has a sense of humor is the best one out there. Sometimes you just need a little cheering up, and they can be there for you, sometimes you say stuff you don’t really mean, and they should take it with humor and not personally.
17. What is your favorite quote from the series and why?
I can’t really say. I’m sorry, there are just too many funny quotes from the Harry Potter books. I’ll give a few examples of ones that I like, but maybe I could find one that I like most, I’m not guaranteeing anything.
‘Fred & George: 'Oh, are you a Prefect, Percy?' said one of the twins, with an air of great surprise. 'You should have said something, we had no idea.'
'Hang on, I think I remember him saying something about it,' said the other twin. 'Once– '
'A minute– '
"And from now on, I don't care if my tea leaves spell out die, Ron, die -- I'm just chucking them in the bin where they belong."
Originally I had about ten quotes but it made the application way too long, so I deleted eight of them. And stayed with the two that I thought were funniest. The first one, from Gred & Feorge, was amazingly funny. I love their sarcasm and wit. Seriously, Fred’s death struck me deeply. And the second one, from Ron, another hilarious Weasley, makes me laugh out loud every time I read the book. We all know how much he hates Divination, and it’s so funny ‘die, Ron, die’ *wipes tear of laughter*. I love Ron.
18. What is your favorite quote that is not related to Harry Potter and why?
I don’t really have one. But I guess I’ll say: “Live. Love. Listen” [I have no idea where I got that from. I think it was a facebook icon…] Because well, it’s all what life’s about isn’t it? Living, loving and listening. Without love, life is like the seasons without summer, without love life is rock & roll without a drummer…[heh totally stole that from Hairspray] Anywho, it’s true. And really, I’d tell everyone to live their life to the fullest, cuz it doesn’t last long.
19. Who is one person, real or fictional, that inspires you and why?
Makani. Buttfacemakani in LiveJournal. Someone that I dont know personally but that I've seen her art and she's amazing, seriously. She draws these amazing Harry Potter pictures about the Malfoy family and she can characterize her art so well! I wish I could draw as well as her.
20. List your top five priorities in life. Why are these things so important to you?
1) Honesty – Lies get you nowhere. That’s one of my personal beliefs. Although I have to admit that I lie, and quite often actually, but not big lies, just small ones. I’m not perfect; nobody is. But lying does get you nowhere. A small lie can grow into a bigger one and then your whole world could come crashing down. Just because of one small lie. I believe that honesty is one of the most important qualities that I look for in a person.
2) Friendship – Everyone needs friends. Friends are like a second family. They’re there for you when times are hard, they can cheer you up and have fun with you, you can tell them everything and know you can trust them to keep it a secret. Sometimes, when I’m just sick of my mother telling me what to do, I’ll call up a friend and just talking to them makes me feel better. I do believe that a person without friends is a very lonely person.
3) Respect – If no one respected anyone, the world would be in chaos. I think respect also plays a big part in our communities. Everyone needs to respect the people surrounding them, however they are, in whatever way they act, whomever they are. Everyone is always saying, ‘Kids, respect your elders,’ Well, I think that the elders have to respect the kids, too. And each other.
4) Consideration – Everyone needs to be considerate with the people surrounding you. I think that everyone should always try to place themselves on someone else’s shoes. Try to understand what they might be thinking or feeling, and how you could help them. As my mom’s always saying ‘Don’t do to others what you wouldn’t want to be done to you.’
5) Fun – I know that this isn’t a quality many people look for or believe is the most important. But I do. Without fun, our lives would be depressing, boring, usual. Without fun, what would we do all day? You don’t have to be a child to have fun, or a teenager. Anyone can have fun. Yes, even those business worker people who are so dull and serious that their world is grey. They can have fun, too. And they should. Everyone should. Once in a while, drop everything you’re doing, forget about work, and have fun.
21. You see both a Muggle and a wizard in trouble. You have the chance to help only one. Would you help one of them or ignore the situation? If you chose to help one of them, which would you help and why?
I would help the one that looked like he/she needed the most help. I don’t care if it was the Wizard or the Muggle. Although I’m guessing the Wizard will have a better chance of saving himself/herself with a spell. And then I would probably save the Muggle, and then see how the Wizard needed help. That’s if the help they needed was something I could do. For example, if they were facing Voldemort and I was only an eleven-year-old witch with no magical experience, I think I would’ve called the Ministry or something. And another variable would be whether I know the Wizard or Muggle. If I do, there is a higher chance that I’ll definitely help him/her in whatever way I can. If I don’t, then I’ll try but can’t guarantee I’ll stay if it’s magic beyond me.
22. Under what circumstances would you use an Unforgivable Curse?
If someone used it against me first, or if I was in a life or death situation. I don’t say I’d ever perform the Avada Kedavra curse, because I don’t think anyone really deserves to die, unless it’s someone beyond usual evil, such as Voldemort. But a good Imperius, that could come in handy if I’m being threatened with death, or such. And obviously, if someone used it against me first. Then I’d have no second doubts.
23. Under what circumstances would you work for Voldemort?
This is a hard question. As I said before, I hate Voldemort beyond loathing. But if someone I dearly love were in danger and the only way I could help them was by working for Voldemort, I don’t guarantee I’d fully work for him, but maybe pretend to do so. Like a double agent of some sort. I’d also not kill anyone or personally hurt someone I know is innocent. And when I know the people I love are safe, I’d go into hiding with them and ditch Voldemort. That’s the only circumstance, I’d say. No other.
24. If you happened upon a Time Turner, how would you use it?
To the fullest! How cool would that be? I don’t care if I see myself. I mean, wouldn’t my past self already know that I got a Time Turner? And even if I didn’t, I wouldn’t care. I’d be like, Oh cool, how did you get here? Not attack myself. I think Hermione was exaggerating because she knew Harry would do something stupid. If I were him, for example, I would’ve totally stupefied Snape before he got to the Whomping Willow. Or I would’ve left Remus’ potion outside the
25. Will you remain an active member of the community?
I will definitely try to be so! :D